August 11th, 2019
" The Humanity of Christ "
Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 2:14-18
August 11, 2019
Pastor Bob Bjerkaas
- The Incarnation
- Is when God truly became man
- Without ceasing to be God
- The Messiah: One Person with Two Natures
- Jesus Christ was Human: “Like us in every way”
- He wearied John 4:6
- He was thirsty John 19:28
- He was hungry Matt. 4:2
- He weakened Matt. 4:11; Luke 23:26
- He died Luke 23:46
- He increased in wisdom Luke 2:52
- He learned obedience Heb. 5:8
- He was troubled Jn. 12:27; 13:21
- He sorrowed Matt. 26:38
- He marveled Matt. 8:10
- He wept John 11:35; Heb. 5:7
- He was tempted Heb. 4:15; Jas. 1:13
- Why was it Necessary for God to Become Man?
- That atonement might be made for our sins
- That Satan might be defeated
- That you might be helped
- Is Jesus Christ any help to you in your like struggles?
- What human will pay the penalty for your sins?