" The Devil in Heaven?! "
September 22, 2019
Pastor Bob Bjerkaas
1. The Courtroom of God
a. The cultural background
b. The biblical corrective: See Psalm 82; 89:5-8; 1 Kings 22:19-23
2. The Big Idea: the LORD is sovereign
a. He has the initiative
b. He authorizes action
c. He sets limits
3. Theological truths to live by:
a. The Causes and Intentions of specific events and circumstances in our life can be complex. Consider Gen. 50:20 and Acts 2:23
b. God is never absent or uninvolved in our suffering. Lam. 3:37-38; Rom. 8:28
c. God continues to “set hedges” around his people: 1 Cor. 10:13
- Do I see God as being sovereign in the struggles I experience?
- Can I trust God in my suffering?
- Do I recognize God’s authority in his world and in my life?