" Portrait of a Godly Man "
September 15, 2019
Pastor Bob Bjerkaas
- Who Is Job?
a. An ancient and “eastern” man
b. A wealthy and godly man
- Job’s Personal Piety Proverbs 3:7-8
a. He fears the Lord
b. He shuns evil
- Job’s Material Blessedness
a. A large and happy family
b. A prosperous landowner and shepherd
- Job’s Priestly Faithfulness
a. He leads his family in worship
b. He offers sacrifices – even for “unknown sins” Psalm 19:12
c. His great over-riding concern in life: the salvation of others – his kids in particular
- What part of Job’s life do you most wish for yourself? The material blessings or the spiritual virtues?
- How can you be growing in your concern for your own godliness and in your sacrificial desire to “present others perfect in Christ.” Colossians 1:28
- Are your sins atoned for?