" Feeling Betrayed "
November 3, 2019
Pastor Bob Bjerkaas
1. Job Defends His Complaint 6:1-7
a. The weight of Job’s suffering is a reasonable cause for the depth of his sorrow
b. His complaining is as natural as a hungry animal making noise
c. His complaining is as understandable as the rejection of tasteless food
2. Job Repeats his Complaint
a. Job reiterates that he wishes life would end
b. He is certain of two things:
i. He has kept the faith
ii. He cannot endure any more suffering
3. Job Condemns his Friends
a. They have withheld kindness
b. They have counseled from a place of fear
c. Despite Job asking nothing from them!
4. Job Appeals to his Friends
a. Tell me what my sin is
b. Stop being piously self-interested
c. Repent – and be specific if you think some sin has caused my calamity
- What kind of counselor are you?
- Do you need to repent of having been or done the same things that Job’s friends are guilty of?
- Have a you responded to the friendship of God?